Please read these Rules & Terms carefully before you submit your film. By submitting your film into competition in the SHORT FILM FACTORY, you expressly acknowledge and agree that you shall be bound by the terms of these Rules & Terms.
1. We accept international short films.
2. SHORT FILM FACTORY categories include NARRATIVE, STUDENT, EXPERIMENTAL, ANIMATION, DOCUMENTARY, MUSIC VIDEO, MINI SHORT, CHILDREN, AMATEUR, COMMERCIAL, FASHION, VLOG, STOP MOTION, SERIES, WEB etc.
3. Films in languages other than English will only be accepted with English subtitles.
4. All types of short films are accepted. Here are some
examples: Absurdist, Action, Adaptation, Adventure, Advertising, Art-house,
Biographical, Black Comedy, Classic, Children, Comedy, Crime, Dance, Detective,
Drama, Cult, Epic, Family, Fantasy, Gangster, Horror, Independent, Indie, Noir,
Historical, Kids, LGBT, Magical realism, Musical, Mystery, Melodrama, Road
Movie, Philosophical, Political, Romance, Satire, Science Fiction, Silent Films,
Slice of Life, Social, Sports, Superhero, Supernatural, Surreal, Suspense,
Thriller, Urban, War (Anti-War), Western, Zombie etc
5. The running time of films entered for the competitions should not exceed 30 minutes (we have no minimum length limit).
6. There is no restriction about the date of the
production of the films.
7. The SHORT FILM FACTORY reserves the right to refuse entries.
Selection criteria for films may include the, point of view or innovation of the screenplay, the technical or professional quality of filmmaking, the ground breaking or cutting edge theme of the film, the film’s length, its’ educational and/or entertainment value, the film’s insight into a way of life or culture, film reviews and/or awards garnered by the film, its official selection by film festivals, or the viewpoint of Program Committee members of SHORT FILM FACTORY.
We support indie filmmaking and will award additional points to shorts produced on a micro budget and/or minimal crew.
The directors of submitted films that are accepted will be notified via e-mail in the beginning of each month.
The selection and award classification will be posted on our website. SHORT FILM FACTORY works hard to recognize quality filmmaking and tends to offer Awards to 60 short films per month. SHORT FILM FACTORY will screen all selected films at our monthly event, in more than 10 locations.
We work hard to keep our submission fees as low as possible – consequently we cannot provide fee waivers.
1. SHORT FILM FACTORY has no festival premiere eligibility requirements. Shorts that have screened at other festivals are still eligible.
2. SHORT FILM FACTORY has no public or internet broadcast eligibility requirements. If your short has screened on Vimeo etc, it is still eligible.
3. Changes to submitted films will only be accepted if accompanied by a new submission fee.
4. The decision of the selection committee is final.
5. Stills of selected films may also be shown on the Festival website and publicity/promo material including press releases, festival brochures and other materials.
6. All entry fees are non-refundable.
7. Entrants are responsible for securing all rights and permissions from copyright and other holders relating to their short.
8. SHORT FILM FACTORY reserves the right to update or modify these terms and policies without prior notice.
9. After selection, notification letters will be sent
10. SHORT FILM FACTORY does not accept trailers or rough assemblies or work-in-progress cuts (picture lock with temp sound, color, etc.). Please be aware SHORT FILM FACTORY will not view multiple updates/versions of your film for programming consideration.
11. The SHORT FILM FACTORY is hereby granted the rights to utilize an excerpt from any film submitted for promotional purposes of the festival. The individual or corporation submitting the film hereby warrants that it is authorized to commit the film for screening, and understands and accepts these requirements, rules and regulations.
The person or institution submitting the film is responsible for clearing all rights to the content of the work relevant to the film’s use by the festival. By submitting, they state that they are authorized representatives thereof, i. e. that screening or other use of the film by the Festival does not infringe rights held by third parties (e. g. copyrights, personality or trademark rights), and that especially the rights to any material produced by others (music, film footage, photo- graphs, text etc.) used in the film have been cleared. They furthermore shall indemnify the SHORT FILM FACTORY against all third-party claims in connection with screening/using the film in the course of the Festival. This includes covering any legal costs that might be incurred.